DS Risk Management Ltd was established by David Shorrock who has considerable practical experience of occupational health and safety and securing compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation through a pragmatic and sensible approach to health and safety management.
David Shorrock – Profile
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIoSH)
- Experience as HSE Senior Investigating Officer in a number of high profile investigations
- HSE advisor to senior management team at Operation Resolve, the investigation into the Hillsborough Disaster
- Over 13 years experience with the Health and Safety Executive as an Inspector and most recently as a Principal inspector, managing a team of inspectors and their interventions.
- Extensive Investigative Experience;
- Leading investigation into fatalities and serious injuries in the manufacturing, refuse and recycling and health care sectors.
- Experience of inspection and investigation in the following;
- small scale SMEs
- large multi national organisations
- large public sector employers
- Extensive experience of HSE prosecution as an Approval Officer and Prosecutor.
- Experienced in dealing with Inquests and HM Coroner and has acted as a family contact for bereaved families during HSE investigations and prosecution.
- Managed the planning, implementation and launch of HSE Fee For Intervention system for a team of inspectors.
- Assessed first stage challenges by dutyholders to FFI Invoices.
- Delivery of in-house training and speaker external events for IoSH, APSE, CIWM