Areas Of Expertise
I can provide independent expert reports and evidence in both criminal and civil courts. My areas of expertise are as follows
- Practical application of health and safety law, particularly the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and subordinate regulations.
- Health and safety management systems. Including the assessment of risk and the development and implementation of safe systems of work, selection of plant and equipment, training and supervision.
- Enforcing Authority procedures and protocols.
- Regulatory audit, Inspection and investigation.
- Enforcement action relating to health and safety law.
- Managing dutyholder relationships with regulators.
I have significant experience in the following areas:
- Giving evidence in criminal courts including Coroner’s courts and have give evidence on many occasions on behalf of HSE in Regulatory matters
- Presenting cases upon prosecution in the Magistrates Courts
- Instruction and use of expert witnesses in criminal cases for HSE across a range of disciplines. This includes a knowledge of criminal procedure rules relating to expert evidence and experts’ duties to the court
- The process of writing expert reports and providing assistance to the Court.
- Writing HSE investigation reports, prosecution approvals documentation, briefing documents and advice notes for HM Coroner, CPS and others.
- Assessing and reporting on the quality and performance of experts in HSE prosecutions at the conclusion of proceedings.
For a full Expert CV please see the link below